Thursday, September 29

It's Beginning to Smell like Fall


Fine. I'll admit it. I do like Fall... I like the leaves changing color and the crispness in the air. I absolutely love the color palette of Fall and don't even get me started on yummy Fall dishes. The only inhibition I have to throwing myself into the full celebration of the season is simply this: after Fall comes Winter. For now I'll just push that thought to the recesses of my mind and focus on the smell of apple pie baking, pumpkin candles, roasting squash and apple butter simering in the crockpot.

On that note, yesterday was a perfect Fall day. Trees shedding their leaves while I read a book and the kids played in the yard was a great way to spend the day... and did I mention that my brother and sister-in-law came to visit?!?! They flew up to Vermont to visit her family and then decided to come up for a visit. We're so glad they did! The kids warmed right up to them and really enjoyed their time together.

Caylyn with Aunt Sara and their matching Patriots t-shirts!
Thank you Aunt Sara!


They LOVED Uncle Scotty... because he tied their toys together and pulled them around.

I feel spoiled to see my parents and brother/sister-in-law with a few days!

Thank you Scotty and Sara for coming to visit!
We love you!

No comments: