Saturday, October 22

Relaxing Saturday

I cannot BELIEVE that I actually have time to sit down and write a blog post on a Saturday! Absolutely unheard of...


Last night was the annual Harvest Supper at Lee Baptist. What a great turn-out! It was a great time of fellowship with lots of unfamiliar faces that we hope to see in church. :) Caylyn sang her first "solo" which actually turned into a duet with daddy. Our goal is not that she be "cute" but that she be willing to serve the Lord through song and be a blessing to others. Pastor Bickford brought a very encouraging devotional from Psalm 128 titled "How to Harvest a Godly Family". A godly family starts with the fear of the Lord followed by lots of work and training. Godly children don't just happen, they must be turned out and trained. Then shall that man be blessed because he feared the Lord and guided his family. It was a great encouragement, reminder and motivation to me to keep working hard in training and teaching. It's NOT an easy job... but it will be worth it.

But for right now, Chad and the kids are outside splitting and stacking wood, but they are taking it easy and just enjoying their time together. I love that my husband loves to work and has the patience to teach our littles to work, too! I have brownies in the oven, laundry in the washer and am gearing up to peel and slice apples to dehydrate. Yes, indeed, we were given MORE apples this morning!! Our family loves dried apples so most of these will be snacks but a friend told me about making applesauce in the crockpot and I definitely have to try that!

The rest of our day will be full of prepping for church tomorrow, a baby shower (me), crafting (me), resting (exhausted hubby) and just enjoying our day together. We hope that you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy worshipping the Lord tomorrow... we sure will!