Friday, October 14

This and That


First of all, I've started at least two blog posts and have been interrupted from finishing! So here is a conglomeration under the guise of a specified, individual post.

Last Monday (it was last Monday at the time of the original composition, now it should be "the Monday before last") I pulled out my food dehydrator to make potato chips from a 5 gallon bucket given to us by our neighbors. How's that for a run-on sentence?! loaded it up and flipped the switch. Nothing happened. So I called customer service. After a 5-minute conversation, they were sending me a brand-new dehydrator! Now THAT is what I call service!

Remember all those apples we had? Here's what they turned into...



On Saturday we went down to Augusta so Chad could help his dad put in some windows for a friend. The kids and I spent the day with Gramma and a dear friend. We all had a good time! Sunday was a great day in the Lord's house followed by a coffee date for the hubby and I. :) Thanks to Tim for watching our kidlets!

This week has been the usual chores and "school". We switched curriculums... the ACE was a little advanced and I was adding quite a bit to make it fit the kids. I found this great curriculum for preschoolers. It contains enough activities to teach ABC's and numbers to a child from 2-4 years old! Caylyn absolutely LOVED this activity of putting stickers in each circle. She was quite meticulous about it and would pull a sticker off if it wasn't exactly in the circle.



The curriculum also includes these handy-dandy teaching tools for the days of the week, weather, and seasons. Having a small home, we have to make do for school. Lessons are taught at the kitchen table and these charts are hung on the end of the kitchen counter. Caylyn loves the rainbow and Trent likes the "water" (rain).




After outside play yesterday, I pulled all the kids shoes off and set them on the rug. The sight made me stop in my tracks. What a sight. To think that I've been entrusted with these three little lives (two my own children and one borrowed) to protect them, teach them and train them. What an honor and what a responsibility. I am constantly reflecting on the magnitude of raising godly children in this wicked, corrupt world. We are bombarded by suggestive images, cursing, rock music, and materialism. So for just a moment, I'll look at these little shoes and cherish the innocent little ones who wear them.



No comments: