Tuesday, December 20

Christmas: Day 4

So technically it's Tuesday. We just got home from a nice weekend in Augusta visiting family and friends. It was a wonderful weekend of fellowship! So even though I didn't get this post written on Monday, I was still thinking about it and pondering it which is the whole point anyway!

I drove home tonight because my dear husband has to go to work in about 3 hours. I must admit, it was nice to just drive and think for 3 hours while everyone was sleeping. But even with ALL that thinking I still could not come up with a good "I" word for this post.... so I'm going to take a little liberty to describe exactly what's in my heart.

Today I am thankful for the Indescribable joy that only comes from trusting the Lord. He fills our hearts with a joy that can't be explained! I am so thankful for the joy, peace, happiness that He has put in my heart. When we have doubts and fears that plague us we need to remember that it's not from the Lord because He has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7). It does not come naturally. It take faith and knowing that He will take care of us, but when you do trust your heart will spill over with the Indescribable joy of the Lord.

Along the same lines, I can share that Indescribable joy with others so they can know it, too! That is a gift that would be well-pleasing to the Lord this Christmas.

Now, since I had such a hard time coming up with a good "I" word, can you think of any??

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wonderful post :) Off the top of my head I cannot think of an "i" word either!
Excited to read more, glad that you all had a great weekend in Augusta!!!

Rachel Myers said...

Sometimes it is hard to put into words what is on your heart! I'm so glad you keep up with this. I love reading about you and your family. Next time you need an "I" word here are a few: Incredible, Immanuel, Infectious, & Interesting. I play scrabble, so words tend to come a little easier for me. =)