Saturday, December 31

Homemade Coffee Creamer

My new go-to place for all things crafty and frugal is Pinterest. A little while back I came across a recipe for homemade coffee creamer and fell in love. Immediately I knew it was the prefect gift for my sweet, coffee-fanatic friend, Emily.








This is the blog where the recipe originated, but I'll re-type it here for your convenience. :)

14 oz milk
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (the large can)
2 tsp vanilla
1 quart mason jar

Combine all the ingredients in the mason jar and shake vigorously. You're done!

Here are a few benefits of this recipe:

-You know EXACTLY what's in it! No artificial chemicals or ingredients you can't pronounce.

-It's convenient to pour straight from the mason jar-- no mess!

-It's cheaper!

-Even if you are not a coffee drinker, this recipe is perfect if you have company that does drink coffee. When the leave, just send the jar home with them!

-You can make different flavors! I plan to try hazelnut and peppermint. :)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That mug is so cute and looks like the jar was a great fit! What a neat idea. No one in our house drinks coffee, but sounds like a great savings for those who do!

Oh yeah, love your new background...sooo pretty! I desperately need a change, but I literally worked for hours one night and had to call it quits, and thats how it has stayed since, because I have dreaded trying to change it all again ") Maybe sometime soon I will feel like trying agin!

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Have an awesome Lord's Day tomorrow!!

Lisa said...

Thanks for this recipe, Amanda. I'll be making this for my hubby. :)
Blessings to you in the New Year,
Lisa

Anna said...

What a great idea! I am all about saving money and Tim is all about coffee. We will have to try this soon. Happy New year!

Lovelace Family Blog said...

I really wanted to try making this, but my hubby is a very picky man and only likes milk in his coffee. I had all the ingredients too. A recent visit to my parents resulted in him trying my sisters Vanilla creamer and much to my surprise...He LOVED it. Maybe I will be able to try it soon.