Thursday, December 8

Trent turns Two!

Today is Trenton Scott's birthday... he is a whopping 2 years old! Where does the time go?!?!

We will celebrate as a family this evening with cupcakes, then another party on Saturday with friends, then another party next Friday night with more friends and family! We like to celebrate each birthday for at least a week. :)

Our power went out this morning so the kids have been messier than usual... but they've had fun! They played with blocks, spoons, chairs, then "helped" me prep for Trent's birthday cake and another little boy's birthday cake for Saturday. They loved looking at all the cookie cutters and dipping them in powdered sugar. Messy but fun!!


When I woke this morning to see Chad off to work, I spent a few moments reminiscing of the day he was born. Induced labor with pitocin (which I am not for, but he was very late) and no epidurual (which I am for, but totally understand the necessity for some!). After 7ish hours of contractions my water broke and Trent was born 29 minutes later! At 7 pounds and 3 ounces, he was a healthy baby boy! The very first comment from the doctor? "His hands are HUGE!" To this day, our son has large, chubby hands. A future basketball player? His daddy hopes so!

Trent is a typical boy with a love for all things cars, balls and dirt. We are so thankful that the Lord has blessed our family with him. I can't wait to see how he will grow and learn, but for now I love my snuggly baby boy.

Happy Birthday, Trent!




5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a handsome little guy! :)
Blessings,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I can't believe it's been 2 years! Looking forward to the day we get to see you all in person again.
Love,
Anna

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TRENT! Him and Daniel must have the same hands :) For the first few years of his life, everyone commented on his hands. They are cute chubby little things, I love um~
Dave Moran once said to him (at about a year old), "Hey, buddy, we have the same hands!" :)

Amanda said...

Thank you, Lisa!

We miss you too, Anna!

Nicole, that is SO funny!! I love their chubby hands. :)

Chelita said...

Happy day little guy. :) Give him a hug and kiss from the Lundell's in Louisiana.